Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group plays a key role for Deere & Company in designing and delivering the technology needed by our customers to help them meet the challenge of growing more food and building much-needed infrastructure – challenges that must be met as the world’s population is expected to grow to 9 billion people by 2050. We’re a great place to work, too. With technology that utilizes satellite-based global-positioning, John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group designs displays and receivers, guidance systems, field and crop management, and information and logistics systems our customers rely on. We leverage Agile project methods to deliver the most advanced innovations to our products. We foster a creative environment where employees feel empowered to put their best ideas forward and forge their own career path.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer for John Deere's Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) in Urbandale, IA you will be a technical leader of an agile software development team, working closely with other team members to design and develop embedded software for high-tech agricultural products. Additionally, you will:
- Apply broad understanding of embedded software technology to develop creative applications for ISG products.
- Provide technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations on embedded software topics such as system architecture, operating system selections and software efficiency improvements.
- Conduct analysis of software requirements.
- Develop and implement efficient software solutions to satisfy those requirements.
- Lead in resolution of technical issues whether within the company or with outside suppliers.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of embedded software industry and technical innovations.
- Mentor less senior engineers in all areas of software engineering by helping them understand and apply new technology and approaches to solving complex problems.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator with a minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded software product development using the C language and someone who thrives on working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline and/or equivalent work experience. We also require:
- Application development experience for embedded products, including user interface.
- Object-Oriented Analysis/Design experience.
- Multi-threaded application experience.
- A self-starter with the ability to work well without close direction.
- Ability to interface successfully with engineers and personnel of other disciplines.
A strong candidate will have:
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) application experience.
- Experience using WinCE, Linux, telematics, telecommunication devices, Database Architect/SQL, DDS Middleware, Geometry/Math Wiz and Enterprise Architect.
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and software test automation.
- Experience with UDP, TCP/IP, CAN networking communication protocols.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.