Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
More power. Lower emissions. Record-setting fuel efficiency. Cleaner air. You make it happen as an employee of John Deere Power Systems. It takes groundbreaking powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance needs and environmental regulations of tomorrow. You’ll meet these challenges as part of a global team working together to integrate engines, drivetrain components and electronics into machines that are worth more than the sum of their parts.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You'll Do
As a Performance & Emissions Calibrations Engineering Lead for John Deere Power Systems (JDPS) in Waterloo, IA, you will lead activities within the Calibration team and provide aligned guidance to the team to achieve deliverables. In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- Negotiate with internal and external application engineers to ensure alignment to high level milestones.
- Ensure timely completion of the S350 6068 engine calibration work.
- Coordinate publishing of Engine Engineering (EE) software delivery status.
- Provide supervisory functions to a midsized team that include Calibration and Optimization Scrum (Agile) team and a technical lead.
- Provide indirect, matrix oversight to an Engineering Supervisor and Scrum Product Owner at the Saran, France factory site to ensure the remote engineering team is aligned with planning and execution processes and work jointly to develop good working relationships among the reports to enable knowledge transfer.
- Perform calibration and optimization testing and help define validation testing to be performed by the Field Performance and PV&V groups (engine or vehicle groups).
- Work closely with engine factories/operations groups to schedule engine production launch activities.
- Negotiate with product planning and marketing to develop viable solutions.
- Partner with Recruiting and HR for talent acquisition coordination and provide representation in the wider EE community training committee.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, related discipline or equivalent work experience. We require:
- Experience of 7 years or more with base engine development and/or calibration execution and delivery.
- Knowledge of diesel combustion, engine air system matching, diesel fuel systems and fundamental base engine mechanisms.
- Knowledge of diesel or gasoline engine calibration processes, both physical and virtual.
- Fundamental understanding of machine forms relevant to the specific job assignment and Company division/unit.
- Fundamental skills in engineering principles such as forces, stress, material properties etc.
A strong candidate will also have an advanced degree as well as:
What You'll Get
- Knowledge of gated Product Delivery Process.
- Product Engineering experience such as product design, test or analysis.
- Project management experience in Product Engineering.
- Knowledge of industry standard product verification & validation processes and execution methodologies.
- Product development leadership experience, such as running a major product project/program.
- Knowledge/familiarity with machines manufactured by competitors.
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.