Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
Transforming vision into reality is a complex process that requires skill, dedication and teamwork. At John Deere, our manufacturing engineering and operations team is not only up to the task, but are also masters at refining the process for superior quality, speed and efficiency.
What You'll Do
John Deere Seeding Division in Moline, IL is seeking an Assembly Manufacturing Engineer to plan, coordinate and perform Virtual Build activities for new product programs, factory redevelopment, continuous improvement programs or other process changes. In addition, you will:
- Provide mentoring and coaching for the team on the use of Manufacturing eTools and the Manufacturing Design process, and monitor process execution.
- Provide Design For Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) input to Product Design. This includes support of Pro/E and BOM structure, manufacturing process selection. Supports manufacturability, virtual builds, data maintenance, improved data accuracy and reduced complexity.
- Manage detailed physical layouts and 3D manufacturing process layouts, delegating maintenance/update activities to remote engineering team.
- Develop and maintain Manufacturing Design Guidelines for the Product Line.
- Use computer aided design, process planning and facility planning tools to develop manufacturing process and facility plans. This includes developing product synchronization charts, graphical sequence of events, creating logical line designs, establishing work methods, time standards and material handling methods.
- Lead Factory Master Plan design and implementation activities.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. In addition, we require:
- Understanding of the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP).
- Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
- Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Knowledge of standard quality tools such as FMEA (Failure Modes Effect Analysis), SPC (Statistical Process Control), Root Cause Analysis, Statistics.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing through the John Deere Quality & Production System.
- Understanding of Design For Manufacturing and Assembly; and has relevant work experience.
- 1-3 years experience in one or more related engineering areas: industrial, production, methods, reliability, design, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution, quality.
- 1-3 years experience with engineering tools, systems and databases
- 1-3 years experience with line and process design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance and visual management tools.
A strong candidate will also have:
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.