Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
As a member of the John Deere quality engineering team, you will have the opportunity to engage in nearly every facet of our business. You’ll enjoy a diverse range of challenges, gain a wide range of experiences with highly visible projects and initiatives, and have excellent opportunities for professional growth.
What You'll Do
As the Senior Quality Engineer for the Global Project of Cotton Product Line you will support all global and localization projects of cotton product line in terms of quality activities. The main focus will be in R1 (China), BHC (Israel), Turkey, and Thiboduax, LA factories (initially). Additionally, you will:
- Help facilitate new product introduction and localization/Semi Knock Down of various cotton product/models manufacturing to John Deere factories worldwide.
- Act as the liaison between design center and quality teams, serve as a quality functional expert.
- Function as quality consultant to these new factories to bring in quality improvements in terms of procedures and practices.
- Assist Quality Manager with resource acquisition and talent management in these areas/factories and help establish quality goals and measures for the model to be produced.
- Develop initial quality planning requirements for manufactured and purchased parts.
- Help facilitate assessments such as China Ministry of Agriculture (MOA).
- Work with supply management to identify Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements for current component sources.
- Facilitate with new location counter parts and develop plans if translations needed.
- Propose suggestions such as product/process FPY calculations, temporary deviation, fault forward, PPAP approval, quality control methods and audit system.
- Attend pre-production and production start-up until the full production level is achieved.
- Help coordinate major production quality problems between appropriate functionalist both domestic and abroad.
- Learn the current process capabilities of the proposed factory and identify gaps with respect to the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) product.
- Help QM in estimating project quality capital expenses (gaging, CMM, etc).
What It Takes
We need an exceptional communicator who thrives in a team environment and demonstrates extremely good facilitating skills. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Agricultural, Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience to perform the job duties. An advanced engineering degree or MBA is preferred. We also require:
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% internationally. Each travel period may last up to 4- 6 weeks.
- 3 years of solid quality engineering and quality control experience in a heavy duty equipment manufacturing company.
- Thorough quality auditing skills.
- Effective facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of quality planning (APQP).
A strong candidate will also have:
- Knowledge in Mandarin.
- CQE or SSB certification.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.