Why John Deere
At John Deere, we know how much time it takes to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop. We partner with those who feed the world. We create complete solutions from field to farm for our customers so they can be more productive as stewards of the land. The energy-efficient systems in our operations reflect a commitment to protect our environment. We also invest in water technology to better manage and distribute one of earth’s most valuable resources. Experience John Deere and serve the land you live on.
Transforming vision into reality is a complex process that requires skill, dedication and teamwork. At John Deere, our manufacturing engineering and operations team is not only up to the task, but are also masters at refining the process for superior quality, speed and efficiency.
What You'll Do
As the Supervisor, PDP Assembly ME for John Deere Waterloo Works in Waterloo, Iowa, you will provide daily PDP manufacturing engineering leadership for the 7R/8R products in the Chassis/Final Assembly processes at Tractor Cab Assembly Operations. You will also:
• Be responsible for Manufacturing Engineering work within the New Product Processes.
• Be responsible for cost, quality, safety, environmental and schedule of the engineering work or project.
• Lead a group of individual contributors (approximately 6) with limited responsibility outside the functional area.
• Drive process consistency and tool usage standardization across all Chassis and Final Assembly Line projects.
• Apply known technology and processes that further improve overall manufacturing quality and consistency.
• Provide support, training, counsel and career development advice to employees to ensure their ongoing job satisfaction and professional development.
• Perform administrative duties related to performance management, salary pay plan, succession planning, training and development of direct reports to maintain core competencies and build new capabilities in personnel.
• Represent Manufacturing Engineering in cross-functional and inter-unit projects.
What It Takes
We need excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a four-year technical degree (or equivalent) with emphasis in Mechanical or Electrical systems. In addition, we require:
• 3 years prior experience in Manufacturing.
• Experience leading a team or managing a group of individual contributors.
• Project management skills with demonstrated success in execution.
• Ability to create / manage a project budget as well as the direct labor product cost.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing Manufacturing Engineering tools and processes.
• New Product Process Development experience.
A strong candidate will also have:
• High level knowledge of John Deere and its products.
• Working knowledge of product systems - mechanical and / or electrical.
• Working knowledge of Quality Engineering function.
• Working knowledge of Product Design process.
• Ability to influence without authority.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.