Why John Deere
Each piece of John Deere equipment has hundreds of parts making it possible to undertake tough jobs globally. Our Worldwide Parts Division helps keep them all running. Comprehensive management and distribution of parts inventory and materials is vital to the success of our customers and our company. In addition, high technology enables the Parts Division to provide services like pricing, system support, forecasting, planning and analysis to all of Deere's equipment divisions. Thanks to John Deere parts, our customers know that when they need their John Deere machines to work - they will.
If you can effectively use your interpersonal and communication skills, creatively solve problems, embrace technology and be willing to learn, grow and accept challenges, then an administrative or customer service career is a great place to start at John Deere. You will focus on the day–to–day business operations while responding to others’ needs. At the same time, you will build your knowledge of our business processes and partner with John Deere in a lasting, rewarding relationship.
*** NOTE: This posting will serve to fill two (2) positions-which could be on an off-shift or 3rd shift. ***
What You’ll Do
As the Off-Shift or 3rd Shift Department Coordinator for the Parts Distribution Center located in Milan, IL you will assist supervisory team with daily administrative tasks. In addition, you will:
- Aggressively monitor parts storage and resolve storage difficulties.
- Monitor Continuous Quality Improvement and Negative Prime Reports.
- Maintain inventory integrity and support 5S efforts within the warehouse.
- Achieve warehouse metrics such as the following: efficiency, quality and cycle time.
- Coordinate/Communicate with and give work direction and training directly to unit wage employees.
- Support direct load process (i.e. assigning and label trailers in a computer system).
What It Takes
We need excellent communicator who is a team player, has strong working relationship building skills and has an ability to motivate others. You must have exceptional attention to detail with high level of accuracy. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience with inventory control. We also require:
- Strong computer aptitude with basic office software such as Microsoft Office Suite(Word, Excel,etc) and the ability to learn and apply new systems quickly.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible with work schedule and to work off shift (s) when necessary.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Knowledge of Distribution Network System (DNS) and Warehouse Control System (WCS).
- 1 years(s) experience in a warehouse environment.
- Experience creating and maintaining Pivot Tables.
What You'll Get
With excellent training and development opportunities, our employees can advance their careers as fast and as far as their ambition, skills and competencies allow. Multiple career paths enable our employees to explore their many talents and maximize career satisfaction. Click here to learn more about our Total Rewards
*** Relocation benefits are NOT provided for this position. ***
Experience World Wide Parts, the division that keeps equipment running.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.