Why John Deere
John Deere combines innovation and technology to produce exceptional equipment and services that delight our customers. We are a world leader in providing advanced products and services and are committed to the success of customers whose work is linked to the land – those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s dramatically increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure. Since 1837, John Deere has delivered innovative products of superior quality built on a tradition of integrity. We make John Deere a great place to work through an emphasis on work-life balance and a values-based culture that encourages professional development and community involvement.
Our Global Law Services organization provides key legal resources for the John Deere enterprise, charged with the task of providing representation for the company regarding various products and services in our domestic and global markets. These legal counsel opportunities can range from Human Resources/Compliance, Patent, Trademark and Corporate Securities to Product Liability. No matter what the topic, our legal team ensures the John Deere team continues to operate with integrity.
What You'll Do
As a Compliance Process Analyst for John Deere, you will manage the execution, continuous improvement and metrics for the Annual Records Retention & Disposal Process and supporting processes. Supporting processes include indexing, tracking, retaining and disposing of records within the company and at 3rd party providers globally. In addition, you will:
- Utilize your process skills to assist Global Business Conduct process managers to review and improve their processes.
- Collaborate with Internal Auditing to ensure the audit process validates and improves results.
- Maintain and educate an enterprise unit records coordinators network and other global unit representatives to support information compliance processes.
- Understand the functional and technical capabilities of the 3rd party systems supporting the delivery compliance processes and coordinate improvements with the suppliers.
- Lead compliance information content management analysis and organization to ensure enterprise accessibility and retention compliance.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a global team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in a Business/Management, Accounting/Finance, Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent work experience. We also require:
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of process management and improvement principles, tools and integration.
- Knowledge of change management principles and techniques.
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- A broad background of business experience within or outside the Company.
- Ability to collaborate globally; early morning or late evening meetings; flexible work arrangements.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, up to 20%.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Knowledge of company compliance policies, principles, processes and procedures.
- Good understanding of content management principles.
- Knowledge of information communication, accessibility and sharing through technologies such as website, SharePoint, Teamsite or other commonly used technologies.
- Cross-functional work experiences in multiple major areas such as: accounting, product engineering, quality, manufacturing operations, warehousing and/or distribution, production employee supervision, supply management, marketing, human resources, industrial engineering and/or IT.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
Experience John Deere and serve the land you live on.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.