Join our Talent Community
Join our Talent Community and be the first to be informed about news and career opportunities at McGraw Hill Financial, and be considered for future roles.
Note: your application for this position begins on the next screen.
Standard & Poor’s is seeking a Senior Application Developer to be a key player in the analysis, design, implementation, and support of the Integrated Services Publishing Platform. This role requires a seasoned technologist, who works effectively, independently, and collaboratively in a team environment. The candidate must be delivery- and execution-focused with solid financial applications experience. The candidate will report to the Director, Publishing IT Services and will assist with day-to-day support, operations functions, design, JSR 168 development, code reviews, unit testing, and deployment tasks. In addition, the candidate must be a highly skilled RIA and J2E developer well versed in front end development and integration methods to onboard applications using various technologies and platforms.
The responsibilities also include:
- Architect, design and develop industry-leading J2E (w/ JSR 168/286) based applications specifically geared towards a Publishing environment using the best of J2EE.
- Design and deliver on cross-platform integration, manage technical products life cycle, support systems delivery, application systems development, support consulting services to promote and protect architectural integrity of the platform and our shared services model
- Create and establish long standing working partnerships with technology groups in implementing both vertical and horizontal applications into a unified portal framework
- Produce system design documents and participate in technical walkthroughs
- Respond to and resolve production issues, address and help resolve help desk problem tickets to their conclusion
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in production based work experience; MS in Computer Science highly desirable;
- 3-6 years of production experience in software development in a Unix/Sun Solaris, Java/J2E, technologies, Relational Database (Oracle 9i/10g) environment;
- Production experience in Portal design, development, configuration, optimization, and administration;
- Strong desktop application development skills, .NET, C#, MS VBA, VS Studio.
- Strong web application server side and middleware development experience delivering Java/J2E applications using:, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, Servlets, JSP, JMS.
- Experience In content management or publishing technologies: Quark a plus
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies;
- Experience in Service Oriented Architectures (SOA);
- Hands-on experience with XML/XSLT, and Spring Web Services (SOAP, REST);
- Proficiency in development environments and tools, including Eclipse IDE, Tomcat/iPlanet web servers, Weblogic application servers, CVS, JUnit, Quality Center;
- Skills and experience with build tools, specifically Maven and Hudson.
- Strong understanding of system architecture, object-oriented design, and J2EE frameworks and patterns;
- Strong Oracle PL/SQL, stored procedures, SQL optimization skills;
- Experience in working with financial market data: compliance/risk experience preferred;
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies;
About Standard & Poor's Ratings Services and McGraw Hill Financial
Be part of a $3.5 trillion team at Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services.
We’re looking for world-class thinkers to add to our team at Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, the world’s leading provider of credit risk research, ratings and benchmarks.
McGraw Hill Financial includes Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power & Associates, Platts, McGraw Hill Construction and Aviation Week. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
- At Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, your opinion truly means everything.
- We rate $3.5 trillion in new debt annually and investors rely on our independent, informed opinions on credit risk.
- Each person who works here has an essential role in Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
- With offices in 23 countries, Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions.
Learn more at www.mhfi.com/careers
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill -dot- com; and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.