Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
New demands require innovative solutions. At the John Deere Product Engineering Center in Waterloo, Iowa, you'll make what isn't possible today, tomorrow's reality. By developing innovative technology and products, we're helping people be smarter about how they use the land. Global positioning, remote equipment operation, biofuels, electric hybrids. What's next? Help us figure it out. There's no roadmap . . . just 1,300 inquiring minds like yours - working together at John Deere's largest engineering center.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Design Engineer – Global Growth for John Deere in Waterloo, IA you will serve as a lead engineer in the continuous improvement for large tractors in global growth. Additionally you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the Design team for new parts to meet new requirements and regulations for selling tractors in foreign countries.
- Identify problem areas of the chassis parts and lead investigations to determine root cause of the problems.
- Be the project lead to design, develop, and implement solutions for these problems.
- Identify and implement cost reduction projects on chassis parts for large tractors.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a global team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering or equivalent work experience in a related field. In addition, we require:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of design experience.
- Pro/E 3D Modeling experience.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 25%.
A strong candidate will also have an advanced degree as well as:
- Experience working with structural component design, engine auxiliary parts, cooling systems, plastics, intake/exhaust and hydraulic routing.
- Continuous Improvement experience.
- Experience working with global and cross functional teams.
- Successfully demonstrated project management skills.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.