Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
More power. Lower emissions. Record-setting fuel efficiency. Cleaner air. You make it happen as an employee of John Deere Power Systems. It takes groundbreaking powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance needs and environmental regulations of tomorrow. You’ll meet these challenges as part of a global team working together to integrate engines, drivetrain components and electronics into machines that are worth more than the sum of their parts.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You'll Do
As the Marine Engine Design Engineer for John Deere Power Systems (JDPS) in Waterloo, Iowa, you will develop, evaluate and propose design solutions to meet program requirements for new and continuous improvement marine engine projects. In this position, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Apply knowledge of company products, policies and practices to provide economies through standardization of parts and products wherever possible.
Provide system specifications to suppliers of highly engineered systems such as fuel systems, air systems and cooling systems.
Analyze supplier proposals against specifications and work with them to develop and adopt these systems for marine engine applications in order to meet program requirements.
Provide drawings, data, and other technical information as needed to procure prototype components and systems to support component testing, engine development activities, and other prototype engine build activities.
Release components, option codes and complete engine BOMs through the JDPS PLPDP adoption process.
Work with the marine design team, Supply Management. SQE and factory organizations through design review and DPAR activities.
Support factory implementation of new marine engines across our global manufacturing facilities through support of experimental and pilot build activities.
Provide technical design information to support marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations.
Provide supporting information for installation and option drawings for our customers, visual aids and design info for sales use, and support as needed for marketing show engines.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or AG Engineering, related discipline or equivalent working experience in a related field. In addition, we require:
- 3 years of experience in diesel engine component and system hardware design.
- 3 years design/modeling experience with ProE (ProEngineer) software.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills working in a team environment.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Marine diesel engine design and development experience.
- Knowledge and user-level expertise in JDPS PLPDP process, including PDMLink, PDI and SAP tools.
- Experience with engine testing, product validation, and verification, including durability & component test.
- Project experience working with factory production & assembly, field service, supply management, and marketing functional areas.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.