Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
At John Deere, we know how much time it takes to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop. We partner with those who feed the world. We create complete solutions from field to farm for our customers so they can be more productive as stewards of the land. The energy-efficient systems in our operations reflect a commitment to protect our environment. We also invest in water technology to better manage and distribute one of earth’s most valuable resources. Experience John Deere and serve the land you live on.
Through consistent operational excellence in business performance, we help ensure the success of new and existing products. Fully engaged in the present, but with an eye to the future, our innovative team continually implements practices that help redefine the leading edge. This effort includes our Achieving Excellence program, which promotes continuous improvement and strengthens supplier relationships.
What You'll Do
As the Strategic Supply Management Specialist for John Deere Waterloo Works in Waterloo, Iowa, you will act in alignment with Global Strategic Sourcing to develop the Metal Fabrication or Hydraulic supply base to support the sourcing of FT4 components for the Waterloo Large/Mid Tractor Programs. In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead and support the negotiation of supply agreements resulting in cost models, ensuring the program meets overall goals for cost, quality, and continuity of supply.
- Support the Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Lead and support target and costing activities in support for EPDP cost goals by working cross-functionally with Cost Management and Engineering.
- Develop and implement improvement for Supply Management processes to support EPDP activities.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships to monitor and improve performance, including measurement of performance and defining corrective actions.
What It Takes
We need a solid communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Additionally, we require:
- High proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Working knowledge of SAP, PDM Link, and cProjects
- Project management experience including creating a plan, coordinating resources, and delivering results
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% (domestic/international), based on business needs
A strong candidate will also have:
- Previous work experience of 3 years or more in a supply management role
- Knowledge of unit processes and operations
- Experience working with product engineering, quality engineering, cost management, and manufacturing engineering
- Technical knowledge of metal fabrication or hydraulic components
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.