Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
Every day, our customers go to work with the earth. Whether they’re digging it up, building upon it or harvesting the trees that grow on it, our customers work hard every day. And they rely on the machines we build to work even harder. The John Deere Construction & Forestry Division is at the forefront – developing new technology that helps our customers work harder by working smarter. We promise products and services that deliver productivity, uptime and low daily operating costs – and we deliver.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You'll Do
At John Deere's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division in Dubuque, IA our Product Engineer- PV&V develops verification plans for electrical components, sub-systems and systems. You will execute test or analysis plans for product verification and validation. In addition, you will:
- Perform bench level and on-machine hardware verification.
- Participate on internal teams to drive methodology and efficiency improvements.
- Provide problem solving of hardware and software embedded system issues on new product development and current production.
- Participate on PV&V team as the electrical representative, ensuring electrical activities and plans are formulated and followed.
- Participate on Product Delivery Process teams as the Electrical PV&V representative, ensuring PV&V activities and plans are formulated and followed.
- Engage in applying/leading PV&V tools in Product Delivery Process (PDP) teams. Encourage early interaction of both customer and supplier input to team activities.
- Participate in print reviews and design reviews of new products.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience. In addition, the following requirements can be met through internships, projects or practical experience:
- Electrical engineering experience performing analysis, testing and/or design work for a defined portion of a project.
- Knowledge of environmental verification testing.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership potential.
- Good knowledge of embedded hardware components.
- Ability to work with suppliers in the application of electronic components.
- Experience in embedded product verification and validation work.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%, domestic and international.
A strong candidate will also have:
- An understanding of serial communications.
- Experience with ProE.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.