Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
Transforming vision into reality is a complex process that requires skill, dedication and teamwork. At John Deere, our manufacturing engineering and operations team is not only up to the task, but are also masters at refining the process for superior quality, speed and efficiency.
What You'll Do
As a Weld Engineer at John Deere Des Moines works located in Des Moines, Iowa, you will support the factory welding departments. In addition, you will:
- Provide support and basic troubleshooting for current operations.
- Investigate, gather and analyze data for specifically assigned, recurring tasks.
- Establish routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs.
- Identify and implement cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas.
- Work with electronic tools to perform engineering functions.
- Develop and implement plans to support lean manufacturing through the Deere Production System.
- Design operations layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
- Participate in team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency.
- Implement new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Modify existing performance pay plans; assist in development of baseline data for new wage performance pay plans.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator who has strong teamwork skills. You must have solid analytical skills and thrive in solving issues. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's Degree in a Weld Engineering or Weld Technology discipline or equivalent education and welding experience. We also require:
- Background in Engineering (Mechanical and Welding).
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or distribution processes, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventative maintenance and facilities.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Skills using computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
- An understanding of an enterprise product delivery process, similar to the EPDP used at John Deere.
- Experience in one or more related engineering areas: industrial, production, methods, manufacturing.
- Experience in project management and business planning; small strategic projects or larger tactical projects with medium complexity.
- Experience with engineering tools, systems and databases.
- Experience with line and process design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance and visual management tools.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.