|Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE:ROK), the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. The company helps customers across a wide range of end markets achieve a competitive advantage for their businesses through leading technologies and a comprehensive portfolio of products, software and services.|
With a focus on always putting customers first, anywhere in the world, the company helps manufacturers use industrial automation, information technology, and intelligent motor control to meet their productivity objectives. Capabilities extend through partnerships with a network of 5,600 reliable, local companies in distribution, software and product referencing. Leading brands and strategic partnerships uniquely qualify Rockwell Automation and its roughly 20,000 employees to deliver industry solutions in more than 80 countries around the world.
|To learn more about Rockwell Automation, please visit us at www.rockwellautomation.com|
The Business Development Manager
is responsible for the development and implementation of programs to maximize customer demand and sales growth of Rockwell Automation’s Engineered Solution Business in Ontario. The driven, self-motivated individual will be based in Brampton Ontario and will be responsible for growth of Automation and Process business in a variety of industries. Business pursuit may include Information Solutions, Process, SCADA, and/or General Automation and will target industries within the Heavy and Consumer Goods sectors (eg, Mining, Metals, Automotive, W/WW, Food & Beverage etc).
The individual will actively drive the pursuit strategy on Automation / Process opportunities with our RA Sales organization, engage appropriate internal resources, build pursuit teams, and assist the RA Sales organization in closing opportunities. Demonstration of strong Solution Selling skills is a must.
Additional responsibilities may include proposal development and the support of other Application Specialists outside of Ontario. The position will act as a key representative of the Engineered Solutions business within the Brampton Office.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Work effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Develop opportunities with internal customers (RA Sales and Distribution) and external customers (existing and prospective) utilizing sound commercial skills and sound solution selling practices
• The position requires a broad skill set, and at least 10 years of experience in a related field.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills,
• Promote Global Solutions capabilities with internal and external customers
• Develop and execute strategies that align with business objectives and meet revenue targets
• Engage customers, Review customer installations, Develop solutions that meet customer objectives
• Present capabilities and solutions as appropriate.
• Develop and/or assist in proposal development
• Identify obstacles and assist in developing solutions to overcoming obstacles to meeting business objectives
• Monitor and report, as required, the progress of activity to support business objectives.
• Engage in continuous learning to ensure knowledge and competency remains current
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technologist degree
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in Solution Selling in an industrial engineering environment
• Demonstrated prior experience in a similar organizational function as described above
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication and analytical skills
• Experience with Rockwell Automation products and software is an asset
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.We offer:
• Competitive base salary plus excellent success based variable bonus
• Excellent career advancement opportunities
• Extended Health Coverage
• RRSP plan
"2012 Rockwell Automation Named One of World’s Most Ethical Companies for Fourth Time"
Meet us. See what we do. Learn more about a company that will Listen. Think. Solve.