Join our Talent Community
Join our Talent Community and be the first to be informed about news and career opportunities at McGraw Hill Financial, and be considered for future roles.
Note: your application for this position begins on the next screen.
The primary responsibility of the Segment Information Security Officer for S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices is to lead the Information Security Program for these segments. This is a senior position, with accountability to both Executive Management at segment level, and the Chief Security Officer at corporate level.
Candidates for this position will have a direct, hands-on influence in our security program. Staff from developer level to executives will look to this person for guidance and best practices.
- Socialize best practices throughout the organization. This requires tailoring the message for the audience: for example one type of communication for executives, and another for developers.
- Develop and implement a training program for developers and testing teams, so they apply the correct focus on security as part of the irregular duties.
- Work with business application teams to uncover security gaps and weaknesses. Provide guidance in remediation.
- Create and deliver presentations for developers,quality assurance teams, and senior management.
- Liaise with the corporate security team to provide input as they draft policies and standards, and take these back to our segment staff to ensure they are implemented correctly.
- This is a hands-on, delivery-oriented role. Time spent researching is only to support the role, and is not the role’s primary function. Job performance is based on clearly-defined, measurable deliverables.
- Clear understanding of how to execute a security risk assessment for an application, including threat modeling.
- Excellent presentation skills at all levels, from C-level to development teams. Candidates are expected to embed themselves into the organization by building trust and alliances, influencing others into improving our security posture, thereby adding business value.
- Subject matter expert on information security governance, strategy development, and application controls. Performing at this level naturally brings a breadth of security experience with the ability and willingness to go deeper into issues involving Java, .NET, SOA, Single Sign-On, application servers, network security, etc.
- Experience with implementing an employee education and awareness program, including providing secure coding and web application security training.
- Up-to-date knowledge of topics such as mobile app security, cloud storage of sensitive documents, and advanced persistent threats.
- History of using metrics to continuously track/evaluate performance in terms of addressing vulnerabilities, applying security patches,and closing application weaknesses.
- Ability to articulate security architecture components with peers.
- 10 years’ experience working in an information security or risk management related field.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline is required.
- Information Security professional certification (CISSP, CISA or equivalent) is highly desirable.
About S&P Capital IQ / S&P Dow Jones Indices and McGraw Hill Financial
S&P Capital IQ provides in-depth intelligence across asset classes and capital structures to more than 4,200 institutions, wealth managers and investment advisors around the world. S&P Dow Jones Indices is the world’s largest provider of financial market indices today. Together, S&P Capital IQ and S&P Dow Jones Indices are two of the leading brands of McGraw Hill Financial, a leading provider of content and analytics to global financial markets.
McGraw Hill Financial includes Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power, Platts, McGraw Hill Construction and Aviation Week. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
Learn more at www.mhfi.com/careers
McGraw-Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill -dot- com; and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.