Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it's green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it's to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
As a member of the John Deere quality engineering team, you will have the opportunity to engage in nearly every facet of our business. You'll enjoy a diverse range of challenges, gain a wide range of experiences with highly visible projects and initiatives, and have excellent opportunities for professional growth.
What You'll Do
John Deere Seeding Division located in Moline, IL is seeking a Mechanical or Agricultural Engineer. The position will work on problem resolution and design of hydraulic components. In addition, you will:
- Investigate quality issues, identify root causes, and implement corrective actions.
- Monitor completion of Warranty Reduction projects.
- Update and manage various databases.
- Analyze warranty data and assemble business case for defining Continuous Improvement projects.
- May travel to the field to collect failure data to provide problem definition on advanced problems.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% (domestically and internationally).
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering. In addition, we require:
- Knowledge of drawing, schematic interpretation and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- A 3.0 or above GPA.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.