Standard & Poor’s is currently looking for a qualified candidate to join its global credit estimate team in Toronto as a Research Assistant.
The Research Assistant will work within a global team of credit estimate analysts and will analyze pertinent financial, company and industry data necessary to arrive at a credit estimate determination.
- You will participate in the preparation of research papers for consideration by rating committees and prepare detailed statistical and analytical reports and related materials for Standard & Poor’s publications.
- A commitment to teamwork and attention to detail is essential for success in this position.
The successful candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business and Finance, Economics, or Mathematics.
• Strong analytical skills, including financial statement and quantitative analysis.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
• Keen interest in the capital markets.
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in working with databases and financial data.
• The pursuit of a CFA is considered an advantage. About Standard & Poor's Ratings Services and McGraw Hill Financial
Be part of a $3.5 trillion team at Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services.
We’re looking for world-class thinkers to add to our team at Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, the world’s leading provider of credit risk research, ratings and benchmarks.
• At Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, your opinion truly means everything.
• We rate $3.5 trillion in new debt annually and investors rely on our independent, informed opinions on credit risk.
• Each person who works here has an essential role in Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
• With offices in 23 countries, Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions.
McGraw Hill Financial includes Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power, Platts, McGraw Hill Construction and Aviation Week. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
Learn more at www.mhfi.com/careers McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.