The Senior Analyst of External Reporting is responsible for supporting the Manager - External Reporting in preparing and reviewing the SEC reporting requirements for The McGraw-Hill Companies (the “Company”) and assuring the integrity and appropriateness of the Company’s disclosures in accordance with the SEC’s rules and regulations and US GAAP standards. In addition, this person will play a key role in analyzing consolidated financial information on a monthly basis and preparing summarized memorandums for senior management review.
• Assist in the preparation of the Company’s SEC reporting (Annual Reports, 10-K’s and 10-Q’s, 8-K’s, and XBRL filings as required)
• Assist in month-end internal reporting responsibilities and providing high-level analysis on the Company’s consolidated financial information
• Effectively interact with senior management, external auditors, and various Corporate departments as necessary
• Serve as a principal point of contact with the external auditors for the review and audit of the Company’s quarterly and annual financial statements and disclosures
• Review disclosures of various public companies for reporting practices and improvements to disclosures
• Work closely with internal departments such as Treasury and Legal for the review and issuance of each SEC periodic filing
• Assist in advancing the external financial reporting requirements across the Company
• Provide support in the development and improvement of the groups policies and procedures; and
• Assess and review financial reporting controls
• Work with operating segments’ controllers to coordinate information for the SEC filings as well as to get a greater understanding of month-end variances in their financial information
• Coordinate with other corporate functions to ensure timely accumulation of data and information needed to complete job responsibilities
• Accounting degree and CPA
• 4 to 6 years experience, preferably in public accounting
• Proficiency in SEC reporting requirements
• Ability to exercise independent direction and judgment and good work ethic
• Strong writing capabilities and ability to summarize for purposes of senior management review
• Very well organized, detail oriented – will need to track own progress on a number of monthly tasks
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with senior management
• Good technical PC skills – Word and Excel a must, Lawson and Oracle a plus
About McGraw Hill Financial
Be essential to the global financial markets.
When you work at McGraw Hill Financial and its respected global brands, your contributions are essential to us and to the markets we serve.
- McGraw Hill Financial includes Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power, Platts, McGraw Hill Construction and Aviation Week.
- Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
- Whether it’s analyzing data, innovating technology, or developing market insights, we’re looking for intellectually curious, progressive and passionate thinkers to join our team.
Additional information is available at www.mhfi.com/careers
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill -dot- com; and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.