Join our Talent Community
Join our Talent Community and be the first to be informed about news and career opportunities at McGraw Hill Financial, and be considered for future roles.
Note: your application for this position begins on the next screen.
The Associate General Counsel, will be responsible for analyzing, developing and promoting policy on a range of issues critical to the company’s businesses. This role will also be responsible for assembling outreach efforts that represent the company’s views with global, national and state policy makers. This role will be required to work closely with colleagues globally across the company.
Serves as one of the primary contacts on behalf of our businesses and manages communications and relationships with regulators and government agencies in Washington, D.C. Coordinates with regulatory, compliance and operations personnel globally including with other business and staff on a variety of matters such as regulatory implementation, regulatory outreach, training and resolution of compliance issues
Identifies, researches and formulates written positions on public policy issues affecting the businesses globally
Monitors and evaluates existing, new and proposed regulations for changes affecting our businesses, including our pursuit of new products and services, and counsels on the impact on existing policies and guidelines
Develops regulatory strategy and engages in coalition building with third parties to promote policy viewpoints on matters concerning our businesses globally
Conducts outreach and maintains relationships with regulators, policymakers and industry groups, including attendance and speaking at external meetings and conferences
Ensures that managers and staff are timely and effectively advised on changes in regulation related to their businesses and products, and the status of communications with regulators and regulatory filings
- Qualified to practice law; Law degree.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the public policy analysis/advocacy, preferably in financial services;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and negotiation skills, including the ability to influence others who are not in the same line of authority; demonstrated ability to drive consensus across business groups and deal with challenging situations at all levels of the business in a resilient, confident and practical manner; excellent problem-solving skills informed by deep and varied experience in forging solutions
- Excellent presentation, writing and analytical skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate with regulators in a clear, timely and effective manner;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Self-motivated and well organized with the ability to handle multiple, high-priority projects while attending to details; able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure;
- Hands-on, energetic and a motivated self-starter;
- Professional demeanor, team player, ability to interface effectively with internal/external parties; and
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
Do you have the conviction to assess world markets with clear eyes and speak up about what you see? Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services is always looking for professionals who can contribute a distinct point of view. We have an unwavering dedication to cogent, coherent analysis of the ever-changing global markets. Our tools, research, and benchmarks deliver essential information to the marketplace every day. Bring your insight to Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services.
Standard & Poor's, a subsidiary of McGraw Hill Financial, is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings. With offices in 23 countries, S&P is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions. A global leader in credit ratings and credit risk analysis, S&P provides objective and independent opinions on credit risk. S&P's public ratings are disseminated broadly and free of charge to recipients all over the world on our website.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill -dot- com; and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.